The womENcourage™ 2021 celebration is going to be virtual, coordinated from Prague, Czech Republic (with all times adapted to the CEST timezone). Yet, we encourage communities all around Europe to meet and share the conference in person. Find more information below together with the details of our virtualization platform.
Meet and Share the Celebration in Person
While in some places the pandemic is still hitting hard, in others it is already possible to meet in person, especially if you are already vaccinated. If that is your case, we encourage you to meet and share the womENcourage™ 2021 celebration in person. The cities planning to organize meet-and-share activities connected to the conference, are:
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Tromsø, Norway – more information here
You will learn more about these activities once you are registered (in dedicated Slack channels). If you are willing to volunteer to organize a local meet-and-share activity around womENcourage™ 2021 in your city or country, please contact the chair, Bara Buhnova, via the conference Slack workspace to get the guidelines.
The virtualization of the womENcourage™ 2021 will be supported by a dedicated Slack workspace (available before, during and after the conference to support lively and fun interaction and connection of our participants) and the gCon Conference System to organize your access to all the elements of the conference program. The direct links (accessible only to the registered participants) are:
- Slack Workspace at https://womencourage.slack.com
- gCon Conference System at https://womencourage.gcon.me/page/home
Our Slack workspace is here for you to help you feel being part of the community around the womENcourage™ 2021 celebration. Take full advantage of this beautiful community by connecting to it before the conference. Our organizing team is ready on Slack to help you with any technical issues and questions related to the conference. We are eager to learn more about you and chat with you about the topics related to women in tech. We can’t wait to meet you on Slack!
gCon Conference System
The womENcourage™ 2021 is going to use the gCon Conference System to support the virtualization of the celebration. Within gCon, you will have an easy access via your browser to:
- main-stage streams with Q&A support (to keynotes, panels, openings, awards, etc.),
- interactive Zoom sessions (roundtables, workshops, tutorials, ask-me-anything sessions, etc.),
- exhibition booths with text/video chat support (to visit our supporters and poster authors),
- catalogue of program-related information (to browse on demand).
For correct function of the online Conference platform please follow the minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows or Mac OS based device (other devices are not fully supported, e.g. mobile phones)
- Latest Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi or Apple Safari internet browsers (Other browsers are not fully supported, e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Opera)
- Stable Internet connection (minimum 10 Mbps)
All information on how to join gCON Conference system will be sent to all participants in a due time.