September 06-08, 2017 at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
ACM Europe Celebration of Women in Computing, womENcourage 2017 is a scientific event, as well as an event aimed at networking and exploring career opportunities for women in computer science and related disciplines. This conference brings together undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers and professionals, to present and share their achievements and experience in computer science. The program includes technical presentations and also discussions related to career issues in academic and industrial research.
Meet colleagues just like you inspired by your field, highly motivated and very good at what they do! Share your experiences and learn from the experiences of others.
Previous womENcourage iterations were the inaugural:
womENcourage 2016 held at Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria.
womENcourage 2015 held at Uppsala University, Sweden.
womENcourage 2014 in Manchester, UK
Thanks to all the participants, speakers, and supporters in advance who will help to make this year’s womENcourage another tremendous success!
Participation in womENcourage is subject to the conference’s Code of Conduct.
|Poster abstracts due||April 30, 2017|
|Registrations Open||June 01, 2017|
|Notification of accepted posters||June 05, 2017|
|Participation Scholarship applications due||June 12, 2017|
|Notification of participation scholarship acceptance||July 14, 2017|
|Final poster abstracts due||July 3, 2017|
|Poster pdf due||July 31, 2017|
|Last day for early registration||July 31, 2017|
|Final Online Registration||August 29, 2017|
|womENcourage Hackathon||September 6, 2017|
|womENcourage Workshops and Career Fair||September 7, 2017|
|womENcourage 2017||September 8, 2017|
- Núria Castell Ariño, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain
- Reyyan Ayfer, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Lori Russell Dag, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Paraskevi Fragopoulou (Vivi), Technological Educational Institute of Crete and the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas, Greece
Participation Scholarships Chair
- Ruth Lennon, Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Bev Bachmayer, ACM-WE Vice Chair, Austria
- Panagiota Fatourou, University of Crete & ICS FORTH, Greece
Local Arrangements Chair
- Christine Brenot, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain
- Rosa Anglés, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain
- Alexandra Barka, Foundation for Research & Technology (FORTH), Greece
For more information please send an email to: